Join us as we take a culinary adventure around the world in the famous Kensington Market neighbourhood! Discover flavours from around the globe in this one-of-a-kind experience that could only be done in Toronto.
CANNABIS 101 FOOD TOUR
- Adult Ages 19+
Cannabis 101 Food Tour
On this tour, you will get a Cannabis 101 lesson teaching you all about the different kinds, the different ways to consume and the different effects this substance can have on your body and mind. All the while, seeing the sights and tasting the food of Kensington Market, the most diverse neighbourhood of the most diverse city in the world.
So, why a cannabis and food tour? Why this mix? Has anyone heard of the Marijuana munchies before?
Well, it all has to do with the active ingredient in Marijuana, THC. When you consume cannabis, THC is distributed all throughout the brain. THC interacts with receptors in our brain that regulate emotions, pain and our sense of smell and taste, It can also promote the release of the hormone ghrelin, which stimulates hunger. This frequently gives people cravings for salty, sweet and fatty carbohydrate-rich foods. Hopefully before the end of this tour. All those cravings will be more than satisfied.
NOTE: Cannabis is NOT provided but available for purchase.
1st stop: HotBox – Toronto’s OG Cannabis Lounge
We will meet at Hotbox, Canada’s first legal cannabis lounge and shop. Since 2000, Hotbox has been a cannabis-positive space uniting locals and tourists alike through shared experiences. Here we will take 15-20 minutes where an expert will walk you through all the various forms of cannabis, the different kinds of strains and the many forms you can consume this medicinal plant.
After learning about cannabis, guests will have an opportunity and option to purchase at HotBox.
Now for the food and drink!
- House of Moses: Sugarcane Juice – Enjoy a freshly squeezed sugarcane juice and learn how cannabis has been a part of the Rastafarian faith since the 1930’s in Jamaica while relaxing in their tranquil courtyard.
- Golden Patty: Taste the Caribbean – Enjoy a Jamaican beef patty in cocobread
- Jumbo Empanadas: Taste South America – An indigenous encounter with savoury deep-fried cheese empanada
- Fresco’s Fish and Chips: Enjoy a taste of Canada with some authentic Quebec-style Poutine
- Moonbeam: To finish, you will enjoy another iconic Canadian treat from the West coast of Canada: Nanaimo Bar
Please note: If any tasting stops are closed for any reason on the day of your tour, a great substitute will be made and sometimes without notice.
We’ll meet you in the neighbourhood of Kensington Market at our first tasting spot: HotBox which is located on 204 Augusta Avenue